Our History

The Reformed Episcopal Church was founded in 1873 when it separated from the Protestant Episcopal Church. Initially, our parish was organized for worship under the name “Rock of Ages.” Then in 1877, the parish name was changed to “Bishop Cummins Memorial Reformed Episcopal Church” in memory of Bishop George David Cummins, D.D., the principal founder of the denomination and its first bishop.  The first meeting place for our church was in Baltimore. In 1961, we opened the doors at our present location in Catonsville, and in 2007, our name was updated to “Bishop Cummins Reformed Episcopal Church.”

Read More!